Centennial High School Attendance Policy
Consistent daily attendance is paramount to success in school and contributes to developing life-long habits for showing up and taking care of business. Consistent daily attendance also shows a student’s commitment to learning and earning a high school diploma.
- 2 absences of any code (E, EF, D, U) = contract
- 3rd absence = full drop
- It is possible for a student to lose first period only, if the student breeches their contract in first period only
- An attendance contract is not necessary for enacting attendance policy.
- Students will be allowed one day for one day to make up the work missed for all absences.
- A student that has been out of class at least ten (10) minutes will be marked as “U”. The absence will be re-coded as needed upon communication from staff to the attendance clerk.
- We will distinguish between TE and TU; doctors notes, court, meeting with staff member, other legitimate instances that are out of a student’s control that are approved by principal.
- 2 TU’s = AB
- First period of the day, tardy = ten minutes
- All other class periods, tardy = two minutes.